Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Why am I writing this?

When John McCain announced that he had chosen Sara Palin as his running mate, I had never even heard of her. I wanted to know who she was , and watched the news continuously to get information. But the news wasn't giving me the kind of information I wanted to know. After a few days of getting nothing from the media, but coverage of this woman's hair and her glasses, I decided to do my own research.
I'm just your regular ,every day, average person with the same access to things as anyone else. So I spent some times online reading everything I could about Sara Palin. After doing my homework, I came up with my own opinion about Palin. I am giving you the FACTS , so you can make your own opinion. I Will also list all of my resources, so you can go look for yourself.

Basically , what I'm touching on here, is the things Palin highlighted herself, the bridge to nowhere, reform, earmarks, the pipeline, jet on Ebay,Alaska Independence Party,pro life, assembly of God, the affair, chef being fired, and all that.

I will say that things got a little strange while I was researching her. Pages were edited and changed, a lot of them were deleted and things like that. Since some of this info is no longer available, I wont be commenting on them since I wont have that resource to back up what I'm saying. I saw some pages which you can tell were deliberately changed to favor Palin, but I guess you can expect that to a certain degree.

I think this is one of the most important elections the US has seen in a while , and I think people should be able to make informed choices on who they vote for. All the other candidates went through the ringer for over 19 months. It's only fair that Palin has her turn, only we have less than 2 months to get to know her.She is not helping by avoiding the media. During the primaries , Palin said Hillary Clinton needed to stop whining about her treatment by the press. So she should be ready to deal with it herself.
Sources:
www.seattletimes.nwsource.com
www.wikipedia.com
www.cnn.com/politicalticker
www.gov.sate.ak.us/news
www.adn.com
www.cbsnews.com
www.matsuregional.com
www.politifact.com
www.news.aol.com/political-machine
www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/09/eveningnews/main4433129.shtml?source=mostpop_story

No comments: